Office Break Room Cleaning Checklist
Does your staff or employees’ mental and physical health affect their performance? This might be an indication of an infection or a bacterial infection in your launch room.
Use this detailed office break room cleaning checklist to protect employees from being disinfected to maintain a high performing team.
Every business requires a break room that can encourage their employees to unwind, relax, and decompress, improve their employees’ mental health and aid them to get better performance.
It is said, “A break room is a reflection of your company’s investment in its employees”.
This fact leads to undecidability that you must maintain a break room, conference room or any room of the office well according to a proper cleaning checklist.
So, do you want your break room to be brag-worthy?
Readout till the end and find out what’s the classic break room commercial cleaning checklist!
There is a break room schedule, a break room cleaning checklist, tools, and equipment to be used to clean the area on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Isn’t it exciting now? Everything in one place.
Let’s start with…
What is the lunch and break room cleaning checklist?
A break room cleaning checklist is the list of small to small cleaning tasks of the break room or lunch room items including fridge, table,dishes,floors etc.
Studies have shown that high concentrations of bacteria and germs are found in several high-touch areas of the office lunchroom and break room.
A thorough checklist of lunch & break room areas ensures that no part should be overlooked when daily and weekly as well monthly cleaning is obligated.
Benefits of Regular break room cleaning checklist
According to recent research, germs in office kitchens, lunchrooms, and break rooms cause substantial costs and challenges for business owners and managers, including employee absenteeism, healthcare costs, and decreased productivity.
Regular break rooms prevent bacteria and germs from taking root, ensuring your employees are able to eat and rest in sanitized conference rooms.
Keeping the break room tidy also increases employee energy and mental health.
What includes in the break room cleaning checklist?
In order to keep break rooms clean, there are several items you can include in the cleaning checklist.
A proper break room cleaning checklist includes every nook and corners of the lunch and breaks room to make sure none of the areas is overlooked. Some of these include:
- Sink and taps
- Refrigerator and Refrigerator door handles
- Microwave, its buttons and door handle.
- Coffee pot handles and coffee maker
- Coffee mugs and dishes
- Sponges and towels
- Floor and carpets
- Cupboard, racks and shelves
- Countertops and tiles
- Walls and light fixtures
Tools and equipment used in the break room cleaning
In order to speed up cleaning tasks, it is necessary to have the right tools and equipment available.
You should always ensure the safety of your janitors and employees when cleaning. Here are some tools and equipment you can use to deep clean an office break room.
- Vacuum cleaner
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Brooms and buckets
- Mop and brushes
- Sponges and cleaning detergents
What’s the schedule for cleaning high traffic areas of an Office Break room?
Implementing a schedule to high trafficked specific areas of the office such as break room and conference room with a cleaning checklist can help reduce the number of germs and bacteria in your office’s different rooms.
Cleaning the office tidy, on the other hand, isn’t a lot easier. Cleaning schedules provide your personnel with a simple and effective tool for keeping such common areas clean and sanitary.
If you’re having trouble with messes in communal spaces, this is the system you’ll need. Here’s how to make a cleaning routine that works:
So, Stuck up on above mentioned essential cleaning tools and equipment.
Make sure that the break room is sanitized, cleaned, and disinfected by following the checklist below.
Daily Office Break Room Cleaning Checklist
- Using a thorough disinfectant, wipe down tables, sinks, and countertops.
- Wash utensils, dishes, and cups.
- The dishwasher and coffee maker should both be empty.
- Vacuum the carpets on the floor, being sure to get under and behind furniture.
- Working from the corner furthest from the exit, mop the flooring.
- Garbage cans should be emptied and disinfected.
- Restock paper towels, coffee bags, and tea packs as needed.
Weekly Office Break Room Cleaning Checklist
- Clean and sterilize the inside and outside of the refrigerator
- Check for cobwebs and remove them
- Empty the refrigerator of all remaining food
- Make sure the sinks aren’t clogged.
- Ensure that the ovens and microwave are clean.
- Metal and wood faucets that have been deep polished
- Scrub the tiles and the walls.
- Clean, Dust, sanitized vents, fans, light fixtures, and shelving.
Monthly Office Break Room Cleaning Checklist
- Ensure that all of your daily and weekly cleaning activities are completed to your satisfaction.
- All ceiling and wall air vents should be cleaned.
- Dust the ceiling fans and light fittings.
- Window sills and blinds should be cleaned.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned or cleaned on a case-by-case basis.
- Organize your cupboards.
- Check that all cleaning tasks are completed on a daily/weekly basis.
- All ceiling and wall air vents should be cleaned.
- Examine your floor mats for signs of wear and tear.
Office break rooms are particularly susceptible to spreading germs. Nevertheless, office cleaning schedules and checklists should be implemented across the entire office.
Be sure to clean the entire office, including the conference room, the reception area, the hall, and the break room, as well as following the schedule and checklist.
Observe how people use the space during the day; they come in and out, touch high-touch surfaces such as tables and counters, munch on snacks and lunch, and use common devices such as doorknobs and faucets.
Develop the above-mentioned habit in your office, conference room, break room cleaning checklist as compulsory and ensure that no area is overlooked which helps to reduce the spread of germs.
For this, you can arrange a meeting regarding cleaning and tell your employees to put an outbreak room cleaned before they follow every task suggested above in the daily office break room cleaning checklist.
Listed above are the office break room cleaning checklist we generally follow. If anything is left in the checklist then feel free to comment below.